Thursday, December 4, 2008

My favourite Christmas gift

What toy or gift did you like best as a child? Call me sissy, but every year I used to get a Barbie doll and I loved to dress her up and do her hair. Barbie is by the way the best sold doll in history and next year will celebrate her 50th anniversary! During the history of Barbie there has been some controversy, amongst others, by the proportions of the doll.. or might we say the UNproportions. Her waist was extremely thin in relation to the rest of the body. However, the new more improved Barbie has experienced a wider waist and more normal female proportions as well as a renewal of her wardrobe, which was very classical and princess-like. Maybe that's what made Barbie such a special doll though. I admit I used to like her old clothes better, because those were clothes nobody had in their closets! The new Barbie is just way too ordinary... but yeah, sellings come first and if little girls this generation prefer a more modern Barbie that's what they should get.


What about you? What was your favourite childhood toy?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...