Thursday, June 4, 2009

Freaky fact of the day

Just posting on something actually kind of silly, but just right now I was heading to the food store to get some bread and potato salad. On the way to Bunnpris there's a block of appartments with a bit of grass, which functions as garden-playground. In that "garden" was there two teenage girls playing ball. I am not an expert but I would say they both were about 14 years old. So I walk by normally, thinking about my stuff when suddenly one of the girls comes walking fast towards me and starts to sing!! Forgive me for not being used to strangers serenading me, but I looked at her with my "what the hell did you smoke" face (you know me... rubberface!). And after she was done singing (or probably she just had enough of my face) she shouted: "School play on Lade Skole this weekend!", so I understood she was just trying to get attention from people to come and see her schoolplay. So I told her that maybe I would go (which is a total lie, cause we all know that's not happening). So I get to the store, buy what I needed and went back. On my way back the girls were obviously still there. When the other girl (the silent one) sees me coming back, she whispers something to the singing girl who at the same time asks me if I wanted her autograph. My normal reaction would be to tell her to get a life, but since she's a teenager I decide to nicely decline the offer. And then she asks me if I thought she was a good singer. A lot of adjectives would come to my mind regarding the girl, such as annoying, a bit too straight, arrogant... but good singer was not one of them. So I answer to her: "I don't see you in Broadway, but you were good at promoting the event so maybe you should think of a career in marketing?", which in my opinion is the best way to tell her she sucks at singing without really SAYING it. This about being a rubberface like me must be really contagious cause I would swear my "what the hell did you smoke" face I had on our first conversation just got all drawned up in her face now! ....Teenagers!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...