Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doctors and boobs

Good morning! This is probably the earliest I've ever stood up on my free day. I had a doctor appointment at 8 am today. Nothing to worry about, people! It is just a check. I am 26 years old and have never had my breasts checked up, so I made an appointment to make sure everything's alright with my upper body.
A mamography is always awkward. Specially if your doctor is a man. But it's way more awkward when the radiologist is a young handsome man about the same age as me! He asked me if I was comfortable or wanted a woman instead, but after years of discrimination against women, who am I to discriminate him for the fact that he is a man? In the end, he is just doing his job. So I said it was ok. What I didn't know was that he'd be grabbing my boobs so much! With all his hand! He put my breast in the machine and damn how it got squeezed in there! After the test was done I was about to go back and put my bra back on, but he told me to wait until the picture came to the computer because if it wasn't good enough we'd have to repeat the test. So I stood in front of him topless for about five minutes. I didn't know what to do, where to look at.... So embarassing!
Then he told me I could get dressed and wait outside. So I did and I was inmediately called again to another room. Another man. I thought he'd just comment on the results but noooo... he asked me to take off my clothes again. He makes me lie down on a bed and then a woman comes in and scans my breasts again. The woman was really unfriendly. Though if I looked like an anorexic jiraff with zero boobs I'd probably hate touching big boobs as well. She scanned me without saying a word and she wished me a nice day. Yeah, too late for that. I got dressed and the man in the room tells me the results will be sent to my doctor and that I would be contacted if anything was wrong.
So that was my day! I think it's going to take a loooong while until I come back for one of those tests! Not to mention that health is expensive: 218 kroner (over 24€) to get a bunch of people see and touch my boobs. Best deal of my life...


 I tried one of the nail polishers I got from diana. Nice!


Have you ever had a mamography before?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...