Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The big flop

 Some projects are condemned to disaster. A couple of days ago I started to build my very first pepperkakehus. I bought the materials at the store and I was ready to let my imagination fly and make a nice and cute Christmas house out of ginger cookies. In my head, the house was going to look a less perfect version of the house on your left.

Instead....





Well, THIS came out:



This is the ugliest pepperkakehus I have ever seen. And I've seen pepperkakehus built by children! Here's what I think the problems were:

1) My frosting was dry and it hardly came out of the tube. That's why there is no proper line of pink frosting.
2) The icing sugar is everywhere! The candy barely sticks to the house and let's not mention the fact that the pieces of ginger cookie came pretty damaged out of the box in the first place.
3) (And probably the most important reason) I have no bloody idea of how to make a pepperkakehus! I thought it would be easy peasy but it seems to me you've ought to have a PhD in architecture to build this shit.

In the end I gave up finishing the other side of the roof because my hands hurt after squeezing hard the frosting tube. Now I will just have it on the kitchen bench until after Christmas when it is socially accepted to throw this crap to the garbage and never speak about it again.




God Jul!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...