Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunny sunday

Hi! Today is a beautiful day. I've finally got one of the books I ordered "The Carrie Diaries" and I started reading it while lying in the terrace under the sun. Despite the bright sun it's still pretty cold outside and after 40 minutes I gave up on being cold.
I am surprised that the young Carrie Bradshaw in the book is so different from the Carrie Bradshaw we all know from the tv-series. The book Carrie lives in a small town in the middle of nowhere, loves to swim and write, never talks about fashion, lost her mother and lives with her scientist father and her two sisters.

The Carrie from "Sex and the City" said her father abandoned her when she was five, has never mentioned having any sisters, never speaks about the mother, has not been swimming anytime on the show and loves fashion. Probably there was very little agreement between the TV-show producers and Candace Bushnell.

Now I am reading on the couch. Jonny's asleep. He's been watching some TV-show on his HTC all night. Yesterday we didn't go out. We stayed at home, had white wine and watched a new TV-show called "Game of Thrones", which takes place in the medieval fictional land of Westeros, where there are various attempts to gain control over the crown, which eventually will lead to a war. There are also evil forces awakening in the north. It is kind of "The Tudors" meets "Lord of the rings".

By the way, while outside I was observing the bottles of sunblock I am using and only one of them was labelled as "Not tested with animals", which made me curious and led me to check PETA's website. I do eat meat and therefore agree that it is acceptable to kill an animal in order to eat it, in the quickest and most pain-free way possible. But I absolutely don't approve of testing on animals and making them suffer unnecessarily. For your information here's a list of some companies that do and do not experiment on animals. (For the complete list click here).



Are you at all shocked that so many known brands still test on animals?
I don't consider myself the biggest animal saviour (as I said, I do eat meat) but given the fact that Clarins and Clinique produce excellent skin care products without testing on animals, shouldn't other brands attempt to do the same? What do you think about this? Is this a matter that concerns you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...