Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fooood!

Hola!
Life is trating me well lately! Today my mom made Spanish paella. It's been almost two years since the last time I had some. My grandma was also here. She is 92 years old and has lost a lot of eyesight. According to her I've grown taller... but she says that every year.

 
After lunch I met my friend Bea again. We went to an interior shop and I bought some things to make a nice table center when I get back home.
Then we sat down at an Italian gelatto cafe and I had some delicious ice cream! These are my favourite flavours: leche merengada (milk and cinnamon flavour) and turrón (nougat). There is no English word for leche merengada so I just gave you a short description of what it is. But if you ever are in Spain you just have to try it. It's great!



Bea enjoying her 'cubanito'.

This is a Spanish drink called horchata mixed with chocolate ice cream. Horchata is a kind of white "milk" extracted from the chufa seeds. Chufa seeds are often called earth almonds and they are edible tubers. If you want to know more I suggest you check the wikipedia though!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...