Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Job offer

Look closely because I will soon be standing in there! Today my boss offered me a position at the hotel's reception! Up til now I've been working as a room maid, unsure that my Norwegian was good enough for a job towards the public. After Nidaros I think I can manage well. And amongst the hotel staff I am the one that has worked at Chesterfield the longest. In addition that I am the only one with an education in tourism and who speaks 5 languages. These two years have helped me improve my Norwegian and now it's time to make use of what I've learned! My only concern is picking up the phone. I suck at it! Somehow the non-body language situation makes the understanding very difficult for me. But as I told my boss, I've got to through myself to the swimming-pool! So first, I am going to spend some time in reception with the main receptionist to learn everything and eventually I will work every other weekend in reception and the rest of days in the rooms like I've been doing so far. I'm a bit nervous about it but it's a good step forward!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...