Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dinnet at my place

Good night! Tonight I've had visit from Doribeth and Priscilla - that lovely Papillon dog! We've had dinner and once more I've realised how little gifted I am when it comes to cooking. We started of with a salad (lettuce, yellow pepper, onion, corn and feta cheese) and it went ok. There's not much you can do to screw up a salad hehe. The main course was pork chops with broccoli and champignon sauce. The sauce turned out delicious, but I overcooked the vegetables. Anyway, it went pretty well overall, but I find it hard to dissimulate stress over cooking. I am not a good cook, and I feel really insecure when I cook for other people. Especially when my guests are good at cooking themselves. For dessert we enjoyed some coffee and muffins.

Doribeth gave me these wood bracelets that are typical from Honduras. They're made out of mahogany. Love them! Thank you! We had a wine-free night though! I thought Doribeth was driving and I'm working tomorrow so I didn't think of buying wine. Turns out she was walking, so she could have had wine, but well.... Next time then!
Have a good week beginning!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...