Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner night and spa day

Yesterday we all enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Christian and Doribeth's place. The menu was roasted chicken with potatoes, onions and carrots. And for dessert fruit salad! It was really good. We of course enjoyed red wine through all the meal and Dori made sure we got out glass refilled all the time, so it's her fault I got kind of drunk (hehe). I had at least 3 red wine glasses, a beer and two cocktails of Captain Morgan and cola. It was goooood!

Guess which of the three is Shakira!

This morning when I woke up really dizzy. We had agreed with Dori that we'd go and try out the Spa at Britannia Hotel. We'd seen the inside during the Sex and the City 2 premiere and I casually found out that the entrance ticket was cheaper for the whole month of July. I got up, showered, and went to the store to get some breakfast. After I ate I felt a bit better but I sort of regreted I had had so much booze the night before. Luckily for me I was all good again by the time Dori picked me up with the car.
We got there around 1:30pm and got given a bathrope and some soft slippers. We first tried the big swimmingpool and eventually all the other facilities.

Overall it was a really nice experience. That is until a group of six norwegian boys - around the same age as us - came in talking really loud. I prayed for all of them to slip, fall down and crack one of their nuts. I really mislike when people can't shut the fuck up. We were not at a disco or a shopping mall. This is a spa, my friends. A temple of glorious relaxation and water amusement! And a place you need to BE QUIET!! What can I say, no matter where you go, there are always uncivilized people who don't know how to behave. But in my opinion that's when the spa staff should have just said: "Shhhhh", right?

Well, now it's getting late for this old lady who has to work the whole weekend. After dinner I passed on the couched for an hour until I was awaken by my own caugh. Mousaka + lying on the couch + The Cleveland Show = Granted nap.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...