Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Talk about WORK

Hey all! I'm blogging from work. I am taking a 15 min break which I think I deserve after the day I just had. I came to work at 3pm and sold what I thought was the last room we had available to a family of five - the parents pluss their 3 children. Everything seemed just fine until I give the guests their key and when they go up they find out the room was already occupied by another family. UH-OH!!! And the hotel is full. Great. Couldn't get any better! I see that I have a buss driver that is checking out soon, so I give the family of five another room and put the guests that were supposed to get that room to the buss driver room (all of these changes I had to do regarding the space in the room). Now everything seems fine... The HELL it is though! I check in yet another couple and they tell me their toilett had not been washed. Only the beds were done. So I have to give them another room and go up and wash the toilett myself for later when other guests check in. Okay... so another problem solved. Until another pair come down and tell me they didn't get fresh towels. I apologize to them and give them new towels and soap (which they also hadn't got). This really makes me love my job: to apologize over and over. I understand that when you work with people you often get complaints. But it can't be too much to ask that everyone pays a bit more attention? Because from what I know at least 9 out of our 92 guests are already not satisfied. Plus those who probably are also not happy but haven't complained... I can say about 10% of our guests right now are unhappy. And all because people forget to write things down in the computer or forget to give towels. Is it worth it? Can't we just all pay more attention to what we do?

I hope the rest of my shift is quiet and problem-free! Or else, guests are really nice as much as I have experienced! :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...