Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer, sun, cava and strawberries

Guess what I've been doing.... *Naughty smile*
I think the post title sums up nicely. Catalan cava, strawberries, sun, bikini, balcony and a nice tan! This is how I spent my weekend. I wanted to go out tonight but everyone Jonny and I know is out of town! Next time I guess!
By the way, I'd like to make a remark! For those who didn't know. The term 'champagne' is for that of sparkly white wine produced in the French region of the same name. Therefore, any tipe of bubbly white wine cannot be called champagne unless it comes from France. Catalonia is a big producer of this sparkly wine, just that it is called cava. And just like in the case of champagne, unless it has a Catalan origin you can't call white sparkly wine cava. In Germany they call it sekt. A lot of people use the word champagne as a generic term and that would just be incorrect. Like when we call 'rimmel' to all eyelash mascaras. Rimmel is a brand and not the name of the product.

You know what is good with cava? Strawberries!


Let's talk about berries now! Strawberries are very popular in Norway. Thanks to the Mexican gulf stream that makes the Norwegian climate milder, this country is a good place to cultivate strawberries. The United States is the largest world strawberry producer, followed by Spain. Who knew Spain was such an important producer! And now a fun fact: did you know the name Chandler (like the character in "Friends") is the name given to the Californian strawberries? Chandler is then named after a strawberry! Weird they never mentioned that in the show! :-)


I'm going to take a much needed shower now. A miracle has occured and Jonny is actually tired of playing Call of Duty. I think I believe in God now. Hahaha, kidding! Blog you later!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...