Friday, June 11, 2010

And my weekend started

Hello! Or should I say "Bonsoir"?
Since Jonny didn't have any special wish for his birthday (which is June 24th) I thought I'd give him a holiday together as a birthday gift! So yesterday we got us a trip to Paris in September! Nine days, eight nights at a three-star hotel in the Parisian suburbs! Nice!

And... on Monday I'm starting my training in reception. I am so nervous!! I want to learn a lot so I don't make any mistakes! And I am also a little bit afraid of missunderstanding something. I consider myself to be fluent in Norwegian, but every now and then I speak to people with weird dialects or that speak REALLY fast. And sometimes I don't understand what they tell me and I feel like a complete loser. Specially when I speak on the phone. There is no body language whatsoever and sometimes the sound is bad, so the chances for not hearing properly increase. So I have to ask again, but after the third time I beg them to repeat... it kind of gets awkward... :-S
I hope I don't fuck up! I'm going to bring a notebook with me and write down everything!

After the 3 days of training, I'm going to be at work 2 nights with the night receptionist to learn the night routine. I feel that working at night must be more my thing. The phone doesn't ring at all, all the guests are asleep (or most of them are) and you have more time for yourself, to do some cleaning around and starting to prepare breakfast at a slow pace without people constantly interrupting. I hate to get bored at work so I think I'm going to be very good at doing a lot of things and not be lazy - like other receptionists (no names) hehehe. On the downside, working at night completely screws your social life and - surprise here - it is not as well paid as I thought! But it's only temporary for a month or so. I will survive.

Today we made some salad and beef with mushroom sauce. Yummy! I'm not a big fan of salads, but this one is particularly good. It's got lettuce, fresh tomato, schrimps, sliced ham and feta cheese. Put a bit of dressing on top and ready!


After the meal I chilled on the couch with the latest issue of Cosmopolitan. The fact that Lady Gaga is on the cover surely doesn't help change the mind of those of you who think I've got a gay crush on Gaga.... Hmmm. Well, I like her clothes. Not that I would be caught dead wearing them, but she's got some balls dressing the way she does. She's anything but boring!

Me as Lady Gaga this last Halloween
My my my poker face, my my poker face!


Well, do you have any advice for me in my new job? What are your plans for the weekend? I have free but it's going to rain both saturday and sunday. Dear weather: screw youuuu!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...