Sunday, June 20, 2010

I demand good weather, goddamnit!

I demand good weather, goddamnit!! *Imagine with Stewie Griffin voice*. Oh, I love Stewie! Specially when he's featured as a bit of a gay. He's funny.

Today was my first day at reception alone. I still got much to figure out. There is a lot to learn and guests ask a lot of bizarre questions, so I've got to learn quick.

Today I met Chris and Dori and we all ate on the Chinese buffet... yummy! :-) I don't think I'll ever grow tired of Chinese food... ever.
When I got back home, Jonny and I went to Espen's place and watched Brazil beat the crap out of the Ivory Coast. What a game! Brazil owned it. Needless to say, that red card Kaká got was very unfair since the guy from the other team crashed onto him on his very own. But yeah, that's football. Full of unfairness.
Tomorrow I'm going to Doribeth and Christian to watch Spain vs Honduras. Because the Catalan national team is not officially recognized in international competitions and therefore Catalan players can only play as part of the Spanish team, I will be cheering up for Honduras - another country victim of the Spanish colonization! Just that Honduras did waaaay better in the War of Independence and got rid of those conquistadores. We Catalans were just defeated. Period. And we've suffered the consequences ever since: being discriminated, forced into an unwished union with Spain and having gone by several attemps to forbid our language and any celebration of Catalan culture. Lovely, isn't it? I bet most of you didn't know. Of course not. Spain is very good at hiding the truth away.
I don't want to get too political now, because people call me radical. I just like to get real and let everyone know Spain is more than sea, sun and sangria. There's so much shit going on. Most recently, the government brought the country to bankruptcy. All politicians are stupid. No matter what political party they represent. They became politicians because they had nothing better in hand in the first place. If you have a good career and earn plenty, you won't leave it all behind to be a politician and earn shit. So basically the future of our country is handed to a bunch of big time losers. And we're surprised the world goes as it does. Our president, by the way, is a backstabber. He promised to change the law so that Catalonia would be recognized as a nation. People believed him and voted for him, and he then backed off. That's the kind of respect they give us - just to put an example.


Sooo.... back to football again... who do you think is going to win the World Cup? Jonny and I are beting for Argentina. Nobody can play it like Lionel Messi. He is the new Maradona!! We'll see how it ends up.
Do you like my earrings? They're from Vero Moda. Okay, enough talking for today! Blog you later!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...