Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting philosophical

Now that I am all alone at home and I have had free time I have realised how lucky I am. I am frustrated because I have to work and I can't be with Jonny and his family and because I realise how much I miss him. But how about people who don't have anybody to miss, or a work to go to or somebody who cares for them? I look at my life and I realise that I wine a lot about things, but thinking a bit deeper this past year has been a good year. I have managed to upgrade my position at the hotel, I have a boyfriend that cares about me and loves me a lot and I have moved in with with him in a place that - though small - is just for the two of us. And I have not only one loving family in Barcelona but also very caring family here in Norway. Jonny's family welcomed me with open arms from the start and most lately we're going to be the godparents of Aurora and I really am so honored to feel like I am part of their family. I have thought about it a lot and it just feels so incredible to get along with them and to know they like me so much. My family is thousands of kilometers away and it's good to know I have another family just some hours away. 
To top this I happen to have amazing girl friends in town who I can go out with and talk for hours and have some laughs, and whenever I go back to Barcelona my two best friends are there to remind me of the old times and it's like nothing ever changed! They know me better than most people do and it's like I've never moved away. 
I have told myself I am going to try to be less winy and more thankful for all the wonderful things I have and stay positve. I've got to look at the bright side of life because I am so focused on the dark side that I am missing all the good stuff! So from now, no more negativity!



"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it"

                                                     - Mary Engelbreit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...