Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Me and trains

Helloooo! I am writing you from my in-laws house. I am staying with them until Jonny comes back from his job in Haugesund and we can travel to Paris.

Today we've visited Aurora, Jonny's niece who was born a month ago. She is adorable! So little and quiet. I had her in my arms and she was staring at me with her big blue eyes. She is so cute!!!! 
I arrived here yesterday. I took the train to Rena, well.... almost! The thing is that I manage to get off at the wrong station. The most modern trains come with a little screen where you can read the names of the stops. But the train I travelled in was an old model and the stops were announced on the speakers instead. The sound was really not the best and so when the time I was supposed to arrive to Rena approached I got ready to get off. It appears that the controller was not to be seen anywhere and I really didn't hear the stop on the speakers but I thought I was in the right track because the time was 14:58. So I got off and when the train stopped, I opened the door and see that the ground was so low down! It seems that the back of the train was far from the station's pavement. So there I am, unable to get off. So I took my suitcase and threw it off the train to the ground and then I jumped off "Woaaaaaaaa!". There was a lady who got off through the right door and didn't have to jump, and she saw I had jumped off the train à la Indiana Jones and came by to comment on the spectacular jump. So I thought I had arrived to Rena when I turn around and see THIS:

Whoooops! This is not Rena!


So, I am stadning in the wrong place. What to do? I had to call Jonny's dad to let him know I am at the wrong train station but he was not the one to pick me up, Jonny's mum was the one coming and she doesn't have a cell phone. Snap! It appeared though that she was coming with a friend of hers and she did have a phone, so they got the message and managed to find me and pick me up. I was so happy when I saw her arrive!! I was saved!!!


Haha, loser!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...